Tests carried out on FFU® synthetic wood – 16 cm construction height
- Vibration fatigue test
- Tensile force in sleeper screw
- Sleeper screw extraction test
- Impact test
- Electrical resistance
- Static testing in centre of sleeper
- Fatigue testing in centre of sleeper
- Static compressive test
- Static deflection at low temperature R = RT and R = -10°C
The impact test intended to simulate derailing was carried out using a shock load of a 500 kg mass dropped from a height.
After two tests at the same spot, FFU synthetic wood showed merely the image of a "wheel flange". Even after this derailment simulation the FFU sleeper remained dimensionally stable; this guarantees that the track gauge is maintained if a derailment occurs.