Reduction of emitted noise
- Good noise reduction, even for track which is already acoustically good with a high track decay rate [TDR]
- Measured noise reduction of 3 dB on average according to Deutsche Bahn and German Ministry
- Meets the requirements of Schall 03 (2012) (specifications for the calculation of noise emissions on rail tracks)
- Measured noise reduction, depending on wheel roughness, train type and speed, of up to 4.5 dB(A) of the A-rated passing noise level.
- A long-term field test showed a noise reduction of 6 to 11 dB for goods traffic (80 km/h) for the mean unrated passing noise level [500 - 4,000 Hz].
- Calmmoon Rail does not affect the decay rate and thus does not have a negative impact on the rail surface and the life expectancy of the rail.