Reduction of emitted noise
- Good noise reduction, even for track which is already acoustically good with a high track decay rate [TDR]
- Measured noise reduction of 3 dB on average according to Deutsche Bahn and German Ministry
- Meets the requirements of Schall 03 (2012) (specifications for the calculation of noise emissions on rail tracks)
- Measured noise reduction, depending on wheel roughness, train type and speed, of up to 4.5 dB(A) of the A-rated passing noise level.
- A long-term field test showed a noise reduction of 6 to 11 dB for goods traffic (80 km/h) for the mean unrated passing noise level [500 - 4,000 Hz].
- Calmmoon Rail does not affect the decay rate and thus does not have a negative impact on the rail surface and the life expectancy of the rail.
- Only 8 kg mass per metre of track
- Distribution along the track simply by hand without on-track transport vehicles
- Quick installation and removal
- The rolling marks on the rail are transferred in a permanent manner to Calmmoon Rail
- In case of special conditions in the sections between sleepers, for example holes drilled into the rail web which must always be visible, twin sleepers, reduced spacing between sleepers, cable entry and egress to and from the rails, Calmmoon Rail can be easily adapted to the situation with standard tools (plate shears). This ensures that the rail web at these points is shielded for noise as well as possible.
- Expertly implemented maintenance work, such as tamping, rail grinding, use of a ballast plough etc., do not affect the quality of Calmmoon Rail.
- If required, Calmmoon Rail can be removed easily and quickly by releasing 2 clips per rail and section between sleepers. After completion of the planned work, e.g. welding, neutralising of rails, emergency management, installation of shot shunting signals etc., the elements can be re-installed quickly and easily.